Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Coco Goes Canoeing

This past Sunday was my Daddy's day off. Have I ever told you about my Daddy? He is the best but he works so much that I hardly see him. So Sundays are always a special day for the family, since we all get to be together.

So this past Sunday started out like all other Sundays. Bacon, pancakes, yummyness. Mommy always gives me little bites of her breakfast. Anyway, after breakfast Mommy and Daddy were talking about going to the park and all of a sudden Daddy said, "Let's go canoeing!" That's how it all started.

We all got in the big red automobile and headed out to Kickapoo State Park. It was a fun ride, I got to look out the window the whole time. I love looking out the window. When we got there, we waited a few minutes for a bus that drove everyone 8 miles out and dropped us off with our canoes.


This is us getting ready to go in the river. (Can you see how big I've gotten?) Anyway, we were soon in the river canoeing.


Oops, that's a bad picture of me! There's my brother Gabie having fun. I saw a few dogs swimming in the water so I hopped in!


This is me swimming. The water was chilly! So, we canoed and canoed.


Then we stopped for a little break along the way.



I was getting real nice and dirty! I love getting dirty! But then it was time to get back on the canoe. And we canoed and canoed. And canoed. It was nice but then it started getting real chilly. I was shivering. And then the sun started going down. We were all asking, "Where is the end?" Daddy was getting real tired because the canoe started getting stuck along rocks(the water was very shallow too) so he had to drag it. I just had to sit there but I was starting to get worried.


Here I am on the lookout for the landing. Gabie started falling asleep and Mommy had to keep him awake. He's still little so he needs a lot of nappies. Finally, six hours later, we found our landing!!! Yippee! I ran to our car and curled up for a nap of my own! Mommy put a little blanket on me and Gabie and we slept the entire way home.

2 comments:

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Coco -

Thanks for coming to visit our blog. We think you are so cute and adorable.

We have not seen a white miniature schnauzer before. Our color is salt and pepper which is pretty common for miniature schnauzers.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Hi Coco!

Thanks for visiting my blog! It's always very nice to meet another Mini Schnauzer! My Mom says you look very beautiful in you white coat...she hasn't seen a white Mini Schnauzer before.

That's so cool you got to go canoe-ing! I have never tried that before...=) Glad to hear you had loads of fun with your family!

Scottie

P/S: Is it okay if I added you to my friends' list?